Ryder System, Inc. announced that it will offer what it calls a “female-friendly” vehicle package for lease – the first of its kind in the industry.
With the help of various OEMs and Women in Trucking Association (WIT), Ryder is making available a custom vehicle design, including 15 unique specifications, the company says better meets the needs of female drivers. These same ergonomic specifications will also provide a benefit for many male drivers in the industry, according to Ryder.
- ergonomically designed seats and adjustable armrest;
- hood lift/closure assistance mechanism;
- automated transmissions;
- fifth wheel configurations with lower pull pressures to open the locking mechanism;
- automated fifth wheel locking mechanisms;
- automatic landing gear operators for trailers; and
- a cab security system that offers personal protection while a driver is in his/her sleeper berth.